Monday, May 2, 2011

GO AMERICA!

Today is a wonderful day to be an American and to be a Marine wife! Osama Bin Laden has finally been caught and it feels like justice has been served. How bad-ass are those Navy guys who caught him? The best part is, they want no recognition. They just wanted justice to be served. Completely selfless. 


I cannot help but feel that all of the celebrating is odd though, something is not rubbing me the right way about all this. It seems weird to be cheering about death. It is bittersweet for sure, justice for all the people who lost their lives. But eye-for-an- eye? I don't know about celebration. I just want God to deal him, and I know that he will. In addition, I do not like how Obama is trying to catch all the credit for this. Bush deserves it. Not that I am the biggest fan of him, but it seems so unfair. HE initiated the searches and got flack for it. Obama is doing no better a job.


 We'll see how this all pans out at election time. As of right now I truly have no idea who I would vote for. Certainly not "the Donald." I am making a pact to myself to become more aware and informed of the current political situation so that I can make a logical and meaningful vote. I have never really done this- I voted for who my mom voted for, plain and simple. It is funny that now that I am a wife of an Officer, I feel an obligation to get informed and make good choices in the matter. It feels like it's my duty. It's on...time to get educated. 


 Gio is so proud today, telling me he has "goosebumps" which is pretty meaningful for my husband to say. It takes a lot to "move" this guy. SO we are going to go out and celebrate tonight for sure, have dinner and a few drinks. I'm seriously proud to be an American (and married to a military man)      :)

No comments:

Post a Comment